iPhone4 - My New Obsession


On June 7, 2010 Apple's CEO Steve Jobs gave a keynote at the WWDC to release the new iOS4 (iPhone Operating System 4) and the new and greatly improved iPhone 4. Millions of people (myself included) had been waiting for a very long time to see what Apple had come up with this time around and I must say I am not disappointed.

The new iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order in the U.S. on June 15 and for sale on June 24. Unfortunately for us Canadians, the iPhone won't get here until "sometime" in July. That announcement is my biggest disappointment at this time. How did Canada not make the cut for countries that would be getting the iPhone in June? (US, UK, Germany, Japan and France). Canada has a huge cell phone market with more than three different providers selling the iPhone (Bell, Telus and Rogers) but for some reason that simply wasn't good enough. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Some of the main new features on the iPhone4 include:

  • FaceTime - video conferencing on Wi-Fi connection between iPhone 4 users
  • Retina Display - four times the pixel count of previous iPhone models
  • Multitasking - say goodbye to having to close an application to navigate elsewhere
  • HD Video Recording & Editing
  • 5-Megapixel Camera with LED Flash - no more blurry pics in the dark!
  • Brand new design available in black or white -  I am planning to get the 32GB white iPhone 4 with a pink or blue bumper (undecided).  

Personally since the iPhone4 was announced I have been on the hunt for more information of exactly when it will be released in Canada and a great website to get updates on Canadian mobile news is: http://www.mobilesyrup.com

I have also contacted Telus (my current provider) and they have told me that for those of you who are migrating from a BlackBerry to an iPhone you may be required to switch your plan in order to join their new 3G network.

I am amazed at the number of people I've recently talked to who are willing to do just about anything to get the new iPhone4 (maybe I have a lot of techie friends hahaha). I will keep you up to date with any more information I find out about the iPhone but for now all we can do is hold our breath and wait a month to play with our new toys! See y'all at the line-ups on release date!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disco + SynthPop = Retro Inspired Boogie & I'm Living For It!

Can men wear Pandora charm bracelets?

Spotify Vs Deezer - Which One Will Win My Ears?